Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Pittsburgh High School Students of Pennsylvania
When a company wants to be competitive and increase revenues, it is always a smart idea to implement new methods. Professionals and students should learn these methods to gain career benefits and open new doors, not only to work for a specific company that they don’t know will still be there in a couple of years. Now, when thinking about a new methodology, we recommend that you start with LSS and all it entails, out of all possible options.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not new. It has been used in many industries over the past five years. Business owners and individuals are discovering how it can benefit their business and personal growth and not only manufacturing, as it was meant for this industry alone in the beginning.
Lean 6 Sigma was established in the 1980s and has been widely used since then to reduce waste and achieve continuous improvement. You can also include other principles based on the source of the methodology.
It is important to understand the methodology, then learn it and get trained to be able to implement it. It’s not about just reading and following a structure.
Let’s be clear: You should set your main goals and objectives to reduce waste and eliminate defects and variations. Other aspects, such as customer satisfaction and solving problems, are equally important when you utilize this method.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and this can become even more difficult when it is for a personal project or purpose. Knowing how to combine each aspect to achieve the desired results is important.
Many companies offering services for planning strategies won’t be able to adapt to your goals and requirements as they may not be knowledgeable in Sigma as much as they think.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Pittsburgh offers all the options and tools to help you learn LSS and implement it yourself. We also offer the opportunity for companies to hire our services while you use the methodology on their own projects.
What can we do to help you? All of these services and solutions are offered to you.
- Yellow Belt Training & Green Belt Training.
- All our Belts are eligible for Lean Six Sigma Certification
- LSS for high schools, school boards, and all students.
- LSS for community college
- Additional Leadership Excellence and Innovation Consulting are available for individuals, groups, and companies (students and professionals equally as well).
Which is the best solution for you? Before you reach out to us, please read the information below.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS has been around since the late 80s.
LSS is not covered in most articles you read on the Internet, and people just focus on how it works but don’t give proper background regarding how it has been developed and how it evolved over the years. Most companies only focus on selling their training or services.
First, Lean Six Sigma doesn’t look like what people think. It is a blend of Six Sigma and Lean methods, and it was designed to be as competitive as the Japanese Kaizen method for process improvement and customer satisfaction.
If LSS can be derived from two methods, how do you decide which method to choose?
This is a valid question, considering both Six Sigma and Lean are excellent methodologies to implement separately. However, they aren’t as comprehensive as LSS.
To understand the principles and components of each, it is crucial to take a close look at how LSS combines them all while setting new standards.
Thus, let’s now answer the question: What are Lean and Six Sigma?
Lean, the original, is a method that focuses on reducing waste and helping companies and businesses increase productivity and efficiency. A company must be able to predict and understand the process in order to use this methodology.
What does Lean refer to as “waste”? Waste is any element, talent, or material that delays, lowers efficiency, raises production costs, or negatively affects any part of the process or company.
This can result in more steps than necessary, which could lead to additional variants. Focusing on one level will help you reduce the number of steps you take and make more from your efforts.
There are eight types of waste that companies must manage. These include unutilized talent, defective transportation, overproduction, and waiting. When you work with Lean, you see the same waste in your processes.
Six Sigma is the next step; the essential part is that it focuses on variations and issues.
Six Sigma is a set of tools and principles that can be used to reduce variation and ensure businesses get the products and services they need. It is important to address the root causes of problems, and this is why problem-solving is so important when learning the methodology.
Companies can eliminate variation by using 6 Sigma. This method follows the DMAIC structure (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control).
On the other hand, Lean Six Sigma shares some principles with Lean but still integrates 6 Sigma in terms of structures and core goals. However, we must list the most important and common ones that LSS has adopted:
- Concentrate on the customer/client and work hard.
- Find the problem and then look for a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks, and eliminate variations.
- Engagement can be improved for employees.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential to the success of a company.
LSS and its integration can be best described as a matter of flow and circumstance. It is up to you to decide whether additional practices, resources, or methods are required for implementation.
This will help you understand Lean Six Sigma implementation and how it should be handled:
- It is important to incorporate lean principles and goals.
- Take into account the Six Sigma goals and adapt the tools accordingly.
- Kaizen was an influence on it. LSS is a way to address the need for competition.
This will result in a method that focuses on the above and incorporates the most important aspects of efficiency and results for all practitioners.
Why Is Lean Six Sigma Important?
This is the most common question clients ask when considering hiring our services.
We encourage you to ask questions and share your doubts so that we can help you understand why LSS is the best choice.
We remind you that LSS is available for all of these:
- A company or business.
- An individual who is looking to advance their career and learn valuable skills.
LSS for businesses and companies is all about improving processes and making them more efficient, as we have already discussed.
LSS may seem redundant when there are more options, such as Six Sigma and Lean by themselves, but it has many benefits:
- Lean Six Sigma can be a tool to help you reach both short- and long-term goals.
- It is cheaper and takes less time to find the right people.
- It can be used for solving company problems and addressing other business needs.
- This will help you create a continuous improvement culture for your future success.
- It’s available to all kinds of businesses, regardless of size.
What about those who want to train for personal use?
To boost your career, learn the basics of LSS and bring career advantages your way.
Experts will integrate it into businesses and companies, but they must also be skilled so LSS can be applied in their everyday lives and professional careers as well.
These are the main benefits so you know what you can expect as a student or business professional:
- Credits can be earned towards graduation, for both high school and college.
- You can find better job opportunities.
- Any industry or company can use your expertise.
- Learn how to manage projects and teams.
- Learn how to work well under pressure.
- This course will give you hands-on experience with quality management.
- Your curriculum will be more appealing.
- This method can be used to help you build your career.
Our Lean Six Sigma Training for All Individuals
LSS has many aspects of being considered, including which belt you will receive training and certification in.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Pittsburgh can help determine the appropriate belt or level for you based on your goals and needs. This will enable you to reach all your professional and personal objectives without having to compromise your budget and other activities.
Depending on your requirements and preferences, we can provide LSS training for your employees. The practice is also beneficial for students in high school or college; we can train them individually or in groups if they are students.
One thing is necessary: the client must choose a belt level in which to train. These are the highest-level belts in which we train clients:
- Yellow belt: This belt is focused on the “basics” of data collection, basic concepts, and principles. These tools can help you in smaller roles, such as data analysis and measuring projects. You will also be able to work with other people or companies on projects.
- Green belt: You will obtain more practical experience with Lean and Six Sigma and how to use them. To be able to work on large-scale projects, you will need advanced training.
Anyone who has been trained in these belts can apply for the positions or fill in the gaps based on the opportunities and possibilities. One thing is missing, however: LSS Belt certification.
Our company can issue the certification. It will be recognized internationally as an official certificate.
What are the requirements to become an LSS certified?
- You must have completed the yellow belt or green belt training.
- Pass the exam with a minimum of 290 points on 400.
- If you meet all requirements, we will issue certification. If you pass our exam, even though you did not receive your training from us, you can become certified.
You must show that your training was completed and that you followed the method, even if this wasn’t done with our team.
What Can You Learn from Our Experts in Lean 6 Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma offers many benefits that can be used in your own way and not as part of an overall methodology. However, it isn’t everything when adding more value to yourself as a professional or student.
Leadership Excellence is one of our most popular services. It is a great way for students and professionals to learn how to manage teams of any size and take on important roles during their work life.
Many companies and individuals have benefited from our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting as well as they are now competitive in their industry.
Although these services are accessible to everyone, LSS is the best because it can provide benefits at any stage of a person’s life. That is why we place so much emphasis on our certifications and training. Get in touch with us to find out more about our services and how we can help you.